CCDT is committed to ethical practices in collection, retention and use of personal information provided by the user of this website.
Personal information may comprise the following:
a) your name
b) your age
c) your occupation
d) your email and mailing address
e) your telephone number
f) your payment processing details
g) limited personal details
h) Any other data as CCDT may require
Collection of Information
- Website Browsing: You browse the website anonymously. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the website or interact with us without supplying us with personal information. For eg, you would not be able to make any donations at the website, without providing this information.
- While you are browsing through the website, its operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit such as:
- The date and time you visit the website.
- The type of browser you are using.
- Your visitor number on the Website.
- This General Information is not Personal Information and does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you. It is used by CCDT for statistical analysis, tracking overall traffic patterns on the website to gauge the public interest in the website.
Tracking and Cookies Data
‘Cookies’ are small amount of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the CCDT site.This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purpose and then the data is removed from the system.
Types of Cookies
Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
Persistent cookies maybe used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
Refusing Cookies on CCDT’s Website
Note: Some product features and services provided by CCDT may require you to accept a cookie in order to be able to use the particular functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no customer data is stored on the cookies.
Usage of Information
Personal information will be used by CCDT for internal purposes including the following:
- Sending you emails, features, surveys, brochures, CCDT Annual Report, reminders for donations, updates on the utilisation of donations.
- Receipt for donations made by you to CCDT.
- Maintaining an internal confidential database of all the personal information collected from visitors to the website.
- Evaluating and administering the website and CCDT’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the website.
Disclosure of Data
- Within CCDT, access to personal information collected by CCDT will be given only to authorised persons and third parties hired by CCDT to perform administrative services. CCDT will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing personal information in CCDT’s database, processing your donations, preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your personal information. CCDT cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your personal information confidential and CCDT will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- CCDT is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your personal information by a third party who is not an employee of CCDT.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and CCDT, CCDT reserves the right to disclose any personal information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the website, to protect CCDT and its property, to fulfill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of CCDT.
Security of Data
CCDT endeavours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information. CCDT however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
Links to other Websites
All content on this Website including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of CCDT and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Website is the exclusive property of CCDT and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Website only for the purposes of making enquiries or making a donation. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Website can only be made with the express permission of CCDT. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to CCDT belong to their respective owners and are their property.
You may opt out of our newsletters by unsubscribing the same.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by CCDT and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage arising out of your use of this website. Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of CCDT. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, CCDT takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.